D F T F Chapter 38: Two cases?


The owner of the 3-502 house in Dongfang community is called Yu Hefeng, he was fifty years old this year and he was a middle manager in a business. The couple's income is good, and they only have one daughter, so they didn't have any pressure in life. With the money they saved, they bought a second apartment to rent it out.

That day, after eating, Yu Hefeng sat on the sofa brushing his teeth with a toothpick while watching TV. The girl returned to her room and the woman was cleaning the kitchen on her own.

Yu Hefeng's life is very comfortable, but it is very simple and he seems bored.

"Knock knock," There were knocks on the door from outside.

"Who is it?"

"Check the gas," a woman's voice echoed outside.

"Yu Wei will open the door."

"Why don't you go?" There was a dissatisfied voice from the girl as she lay down on her side.

"Because I'm your father, haha."

"To obey these old stalkers every day is unbearable," the bedroom door opened, and a girl in her twenties stepped out and reluctantly walked towards the door.

As soon as she opened the door, Yu Wei said in surprise: "Who are you?"

"Police."

Tian Li was the first to enter the house, followed by Li Hui, Han Bin, Zhang Ping, Zhao Ming, and others.

"What are you doing at my place?" Yu Hefeng stood up and the toothpick in his mouth fell to the floor.

"We belong to the criminal police team," Zhang Ping took out his police ID card and showed it: "Are you Yu Hefeng?"

"What is wrong with me?"

“We suspect you are related to a blackmail case. Please go back and help with the investigation,” Zhang Ping said.

"Did you catch the wrong person? How can I blackmail others," Yu Hefeng defended himself.

"This is a warrant."

"I am wronged."

"We are simply asking you to help with the investigation. If you are truly wronged, you must cooperate with us to help us dispel the suspicion on you as soon as possible," said Han Bin.

"Handcuffs."

"You folks are going fetching Yu Hefeng's personal effects, computers, and cell phones, nothing can be spared."

"Why are you searching my house?" Yu Wei said.

“This is a search warrant, please cooperate,” Han Bin said.

“You must be wrong. My husband is wronged. He cannot blackmail others.” Yu Hefeng's wife, Yang Lin, grabbed her husband.

“Yu Hefeng, what did you do in the apartment you rented? Do you want me to talk about this thing in front of your wife and daughter,” Zhang Ping said.

"No, I am ready to cooperate with the investigation," Yu Hefeng's face changed in an instant, and he lowered his head, afraid to look at his wife and daughter.

"Hefeng, what have you done?" Yang Lin asked.

Both have been husband and wife for decades, seeing her husband's behavior, the wife sensed that something was wrong.

“Captain Zhang I found a laptop in the office,” Han Bin said.

"Who's is this?" Zhang Ping asked.

“Mine,” Yu Hefeng said.

"Where's your phone?" Zhang Ping said.

"On the couch."

Yu Hefeng's cell phone and computer were all taken away by Han Bin.

Li Hui, Zhao Ming, and Tian Li did not find any other suspicious objects.

......

Yu Hefeng was taken directly to the branch for questioning. Zhang Ping presided over the trial and Zhao Ming was in charge of the case. Han Bin, Tian Li, and Li Hui went to the observation room.

"Name, sex, age, hometown..."

"Yu Hefeng, male, fifty years old..."

"Yu Hefeng do you know why we arrested you?" Zhang Ping simply said.

“I… don't know,” Yu Hefeng hesitated.

"I tell you, since we arrested you, we have enough evidence. You are out of luck. Failure to cooperate with the investigation will only make you more guilty," said Zhang Ping.

"What are you talking about?" Yu Hefeng asked timidly.

"Listen to me, what you have done is not good, I have to explain one by one, I have time," Zhang Ping said.

"No, no, just one thing, I did one thing," Yu Hefeng quickly changed his words.

"I installed a surveillance camera in the rental building."

"Where is it?"

"In the toilet."

"You are no longer young, and you have a decent job. What do you say about what you did?" Zhang Ping said.

"I'm in a deficit. I'm looking for stimulation. I don't want to hurt people, what did I do wrong?" Yu Hefeng said.

"You secretly filmed videos of a little girl from other people and used that to blackmail the person, and you say; what did I do wrong?" Zhang Ping asked.

"Blackmail the landlady?" Yu Hefeng looked surprised: "I didn't. I just took a video and sometimes turned it on to see. I really didn't blackmail anyone."

“Okay, your mouth is very hard, just play with me to avoid trial,” Zhang Ping said.

“Mr. Police Officer, what I said is true, and I have no shortage of money, why should I blackmail others?” Yu Hefeng said.

"Didn't you just say it, and you just want to get some excitement?" Zhao Ming said.

“I really didn't do it, and I'm wronged,” Yu Hefeng said.

Zhang Ping approached the envelope and said: "Have you seen this envelope?"

"No."

"What about this USB key?"

"I've never seen him either."

Zhang Ping sneered and cheated: “You dare to lie. The fingerprints on that envelope are exactly the same as the fingerprints on the rental agreement for the house, and are they yours?"

"How is that possible, I've never seen this envelope!" Yu Hefeng said.

"I repeat, we now have enough evidence, let you explain it for yourself, this is to create an opportunity for you to reduce your sentence, you see?" Zhang Ping said.

“Mr. Police Officer, I admit to watching secretly, but I really did not blackmail, I never did, how can you tell me to explain this," Yu Hefeng said.

"Have you ever taken a secret video for others to watch?" Zhang Ping said.

"No."

"Has anyone else used the computer?"

"No."

The interrogation lasted more than two hours. Regardless of what Zhang Ping said, Yu Hefeng only admitted to watching in secret, not extortion.

After the interrogation, Zhang Ping and Zhao Ming left the interrogation room and met Han Bin in the office.

"Mom, my saliva was wasted for a long time and I was so thirsty." Zhang Ping took the cup and took a large sip of water.

“Yu Hefeng's mouth is quite hard. Captain Zhang only solved half of the case,” Li Hui said.

"Don't worry about what I'm saying, life and death refuse to admit blackmail." Zhang Ping hummed.

Tian Li said: "I think this Yu Hefeng should know some laws, and he knew that the crime of peeping is light and the crime of extortion is heavy. With a stroke of luck, he wants to get out," Tian Li said.

"Is there any progress on the side of the technical team?" Zhang Ping said.

"The computer has been checked. There is screen capture software and Chen Luyan's video. The evidence from the screenshots is conclusive," Han Bin said.

“Officer Bin, you, my child are always careful, and it looks like there is something in your words,” Zhang Ping said.

“I was in the observation room just now and saw your interrogation of Yu Hefeng. I don't feel Yu Hefeng is lying,” Han Bin said.

"Officer Bin, didn't you just say that the evidence from Yu Hefeng's sneaky videos is conclusive?" Li Hui said.

“All the evidence now shows Yu Hefeng is suspected of taking secret videos, but there is no evidence that the blackmailer is also Yu Hefeng; strictly speaking, these are two cases,” Han Bin said.

"Is there any evidence?" Zhang Ping said.

Han Bin shook his head: "Personally…"

Ps: (If you liked this novel and want to read more and more chapters, become patreon, and so you encourage me to do my best to work more, your satisfaction is my goal. In addition your support is my biggest motivation.)

Comments

  1. https://senseitranslation.blogspot.com/2021/08/d-f-t-f-chapter-39-second-letter.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

https://www.patreon.com/RASensei

Popular posts from this blog

G of L Chapter 1: When People Are Poor

D F T F Chapter 1: A future police.

G of L Chapter 2: 30,000 yuan