D F T F Chapter 22 : Looking for people by car.


After everyone separated, Li Hui patted Han Bin on the shoulder: "Brother Bin, I have decided."

"Decide what?"

“I am going to rent a house in the Huayuan community,” Li Hui said.

“Okay, you can drive your car to and from work in a short time in the future,” Han Bin said.

“Let's say it frankly, with carpooling, the cost of gasoline will be half of before,” Li Hui said.

"Stingy," Han Bin hummed.

“I can't compare myself to you, and I still have to save to buy a house,” Li Hui said.

"Did it happen that you little kid had the idea of being a neighbor with me just to save gas?" Han Bin said.

"This is not the case." Li Hui scratched his head, his eyes rolled back, and said: "I just want to go to your place every now and then to have a meal and listen to Father Han Weidong's teachings."

"Then you can come visiting us," Han Bin smirked.

......

When Han Weidong was young, he also worked as a criminal policeman, solved some cases, and rendered meritorious service, before being transferred to the police station as a director. In his words, if you work seriously in the police station, one day you could be a cop to depend on. He was very proud of his experience as a criminal police officer: he recalled his experiences every time he drank, and Han Bin memorized almost all of his experiences.

......

The two left the courtyard of the building complex surrounded by people outside the cordon. Some were neighbors, and some were passers-by and stopped to watch excitedly.

Li Hui glanced at everyone and said, "Dear handsome guys, beautiful women, uncles, and aunts, I am Li Hui from the criminal police team. I would like to ask you something."

"Mr. Police Officer is Xing Jianbin dead?" said a small and fat man.

"Yes," Li Hui replied and asked, "Do you know him?"

“We are neighbors and I live next door,” said the chubby little man.

Li Hui nodded and continued, "Did you see any suspicious people or vehicles parked near the building between 8 pm and 12 pm last night?"

"I have not seen."

"I didn't go out tonight."

"I did not pay attention."

The spectators said.

......

Han Bin watched the crowd. He found that after Li Hui asked the question, the short and fat man's eyes widened and his eyelids and eyebrows were raised slightly, which a typical expression of surprise was.

When saying that Xing Jianbin was dead, the little fat man was unsurprised; instead, when Li Hui asked if there were any suspicious vehicles or people, the little fat man looked a little surprised, so Han Bin felt there was a problem.

"Big brother, what is your name?"

"Xing Ziqiang," said the little fat man.

“How is your relationship with Xing Jianbin?” Han Bin said.

"Very good." Xing Ziqiang unconsciously touched his nose.

Touching the nose is a common form of telling lies.

First surprised, then lied, Han Bin felt that this man named Xing Ziqiang had a problem.

"Xing Ziqiang, come in with me, I have something to ask you." Han Bin said.

"Mr. Constable, why are you looking for me?" Xing Ziqiang took a step back.

"Come in." Han Bin said without hesitation.

Xing Ziqiang hesitated and followed Han Bin into the courtyard of the building complex.

Li Hui also followed and asked, "Brother Bin, what's the matter?"

“There is a problem with this person,” Han Bin said.

"Mr. Constable, you can't hurt the good guys. I dare not even kill the chickens. What's the matter?" Xing Ziqiang said.

"Last night, between 8 am and 12 pm, where were you?" Han Bin said.

"I went out drinking with my friends at 7 o'clock last night; can they prove it to me?" Xing Ziqiang said.

"When were you back?" Han Bin said.

"Me…"

"Yes, you, say!"

“Eleven o'clock, I came back around eleven o'clock,” Xing Ziqiang said.

Li Hui smiled: "So you still don't have an alibi."

“Li Hui, go and ask Li Yu, how is the relationship between Xing Ziqiang and Xing Jianbin,” Han Bin said.

"Don't do it, I admit it, I lied." Xing Ziqiang waved his hands.

"Why lie?" Han Bin said.

“My relationship with Xing Jianbin is not good. He used to engage in MLM and defrauded me of money, causing me to lose tens of thousands. I wished he would die earlier," Xing Ziqiang said.

"If the relationship is not good, then the relationship is not good, why you lay," Han Bin said.


"I'm afraid, I'm afraid you will doubt me," Xing Ziqiang said.

"When Inspector Li just asked if you saw a car, why are you so surprised?" Han Bin said.

“Last night when I came back, I saw a car parked next to the building, so I was surprised,” Xing Ziqiang said.

"Since you saw it, why didn't you tell me when I asked the question," Li Hui asked angrily.

“I don't want to make trouble for myself. Xing Jianbin is dead, and I don't want to be crammed into the case,” Xing Ziqiang said.

"It is thanks to someone like you that the criminals can get away with it. Since he killed Xing Jianbin today, he can kill you tomorrow," Li Hui pointed to Xing Ziqiang's nose with his finger and taught.

“I know I was wrong. From now on, I will definitely cooperate with the police officer,” Xing Ziqiang said with a big face in distress.

"What's the license plate number?" Han Bin said.

“I drank alcohol last night, so I took a look, I can't remember,” Xing Ziqiang said.

"What kind of car?"

"It looks like a pickup truck."

"Be more specific."

Xing Ziqiang remembered for a while and said: "Yes, it's a pickup truck."

"What color?"

"A silver grey."

"Are there other characteristics?"

“The rear window of this pickup appears to be affixed with an advertisement,” Xing Ziqiang said.

"What is the word?"

“I don't remember,” Xing Ziqiang said.

“Follow us to the office, and we'll make a statement,” Li Hui said.

“Yes,” Xing Ziqiang said hurriedly.

......

“Captain Zheng, Captain Zhang, on our side, we have found new clues,” Han Bin said.

"What clues?" Zheng Kaixuan said.

“The victim's neighbor, Xing Ziqiang, returned from a night out after a drinking party last night and saw a silver-gray pickup truck near the building. There were advertisements on the window behind,” Han Bin said.

"When did he see it?"

“Around eleven o'clock at night,” Han Bin said.

“Well, this clue is important. Once Zhao Ming retrieves the recordings from nearby surveillance cameras, he can conduct targeted investigations and possibly find the suspect's trail,” Zheng Kaixuan said.

......

After returning to the branch, Zhao Ming, Han Bin, and Li Hui went straight to the monitoring room and started looking for this kind of car.

Zhao Ming was in charge of the investigation, recording surveillance videos of surrounding shops and residents' homes.

Han Bin and Li Hui were transferred to the traffic police monitoring center and were in charge of monitoring the intersection near the crime scene.

......

Speaking of criminal police, many people's first impressions are thrilling and exciting. In fact, most of the work of the criminal police is very difficult and boring. Investigating and monitoring are boring and typical work.

......

Han Bin's eyes should always be fixed on the monitor, on any car, on all the details, not a single car, passes without being checked.

The night was dark and the recordings were not clear. So he had to watch carefully. If he loses focus and distracts himself for a little while, he's going missing the key to solving the case.

“I found something here,” Zhao Ming shouted.

Han Bin leaned over and said: "Did you find a suspicious vehicle?"

"Brother Bin, look, this car, is it the one the witness saw?" Zhao Ming said.

Han Bin watched the video, the sky was a bit dark, and the silver-gray car was vaguely recognizable. The video continued playing, and the rear window of the silver-gray car was photographed, and handwriting could be vaguely seen.

"Where is this car going?" Han Bin asked.

“The management leaving Xing Jianbin's apartment building towards a small road, it should be deliberately avoided the traffic surveillance cameras,” Zhao Ming said.

Han Bin glanced at the time, half-past eleven.

"Look just right!"

Ps: (If you liked this novel and want to read more and more chapters, become patreon, and so you encourage me to do my best to work more, your satisfaction is my goal. In addition your support is my biggest motivation.)

Comments

  1. https://senseitranslation.blogspot.com/2021/07/d-f-t-f-chaptre-23-sun-qifeng.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

https://www.patreon.com/RASensei

Popular posts from this blog

G of L Chapter 1: When People Are Poor

D F T F Chapter 1: A future police.

G of L Chapter 2: 30,000 yuan