M I H G Chapter 197: Cucumber and Lotus Root.

"This fat cat."

 

Frank glanced at Dixie and knew the intelligent soul of this cat had disappeared without a trace. Helplessly, he went downstairs to buy some fish treats for it.

 

"Where have you been these past few days?" Frank bumped into Xiao Hei as he went downstairs and the latter looked at him and asked: "I haven't seen you for a long time."

 

"I went to Jinling for two weeks," Frank casually replied.

 

After going downstairs and buying the fish treats, Frank had not returned directly to his rented apartment because he received a call from Fang Cheng.

 

"Didn't I tell you before to come over with Xiao Xin and have a meal at my place when you have time? Tomorrow happens to be my day off. Do you and Xiao Xin have time? If you do, come over."

 

"I have time. Xiao Xin finished her exams last week, so she should have time too. Let me ask her, and if there are no issues, I'll message you."

 

"Okay," Fang Cheng said on the other end: "I'll have your sister-in-law start preparing tonight."

 

In the evening, after receiving confirmation from Lin Xiao Xin that she had nothing planned for tomorrow, Frank returned to Fang Cheng to confirm they will come to his house tomorrow and prepared to go to dinner for the next day with Lin Xiao Xin.

 

The next morning, Frank woke up and drove to pick up Lin Xiao Xin. Since the Wuling Hongguang Batmobile was autonomous, he was bored sitting in the car. While he was browsing Weibo, Rui Ge posted a series of messages in their dormitory discussion group.

 

"Hey guys, my internship is downtown, but my rented house is far away. Now I need to buy a car to commute. Can you give me some advice?"

 

"You're being a bit too extravagant, bro," Sao Wen replied first: "Are you planning to buy a Lamborghini or a Ferrari? We, poor folks, don't know much about those cars."

 

".... off," Rui Ge said: "Where do I get the money to buy such a good car? Help me find a car around thirty to forty thousand on a used car website, something I can casually drive."

 

"I'll take a look for you," Frank replied to Rui Ge's message and then opened the local used car trading website.

 

For thirty to forty thousand, there are only a few domestic cars that can fit that price range. So he directly searched in domestic cars that were typically sold for around fifty thousand, looking for one car in seventy to eighty percent new condition for Rui Ge.

 

"Hmm?"

 

Frank listed the search criteria and soon noticed something strange; a brand-new domestic car that should only cost fifty thousand Yuan was listed for sale at one hundred and fifty thousand Yuan in the used car market.

 

"What's going on?"

 

Frank counted and found there were a total of twenty identical cars.

 

Although the descriptions claimed it was all brand new, it was impossible for new cars to be listed on the used car market at triple the price. Although he felt it was strange, he had no intention of delving deeper into the matter. After recommending a few good used cars to Rui Ge, he received a call from Lin Xiao Xin.

 

"What's this?" Lin Xiao Xin, after getting into the car, noticed a box placed on the back seat by Frank.

 

"It's a gift for you. Open it and take a look."

 

Lin Xiao Xin opened the box and took out the canary cheongsam from inside.

 

"This is... bizarre," Lin Xiao Xin muttered softly to Frank.

 

"What's so bizarre about it? Is it weird for me to give you a gift?" Frank protested.

 

"Are you buying this for me, so I can wear this dress and dance 'Pure Land of Bliss' for you?" Lin Xiao Xin looked at Frank.”

 

"No, not at all," Frank quickly shook his head: "I really didn't think of that at first, but now that you mention it, how about it?"

 

"No way," Lin Xiao Xin firmly refused: "You must be dreaming. I've only performed such embarrassing dances in front of my best friend."

 

"You're quite talented," Frank said as if he had discovered a new continent: "Then how about tonight? Come to my place and choose one for yourself."

 

"Declined," Lin Xiao Xin firmly shook her head: "Just thinking about it makes me feel ashamed."

 

"Then you can dance for your best friend," Frank jokingly said: "So it's true what they say online, whenever you see your girlfriend with her best friend, you feel like you're wearing a green hat on your head."

 

"Every time I see you with your roommate, and I get the same feeling. Aren't you guys all gay-gay as well?" Lin Xiao Xin responded.

 

"Well, guys turning gay are just a result of the rotten cultural environment created by you, girls. Nowadays, if you're not a little gay, you can't even find a girlfriend when you go out."

 

"Don't blame everything on our girls. It's you guys who discovered this new continent yourselves. You act so gay all the time, living together, who knows if you engage in some beyond-friendship relationships?"

 

"What you're saying easily triggers people's imagination," Frank protested against Lin Xiao Xin's words: "Besides, I've already graduated now."

 

"Oh, by the way, I have a question for you." Lin Xiao Xin suddenly leaned in mysteriously, placing her head next to Frank's ear: "I saw online that sometimes you guys help each other with... you know. Is it true?"

 

"Pfft," Upon hearing Lin Xiao Xin's words, Frank almost couldn't help but turn his head and give her a slap on the back of her head: "Answer me this first: do you girls, discuss among yourselves who are better, lotus root or cucumber? Then I'll answer your question."

 

"You're so dirty-minded, talking about lotus root and cucumber. I have no idea about that," Lin Xiao Xin replied, immediately associating something with it. She twisted Frank's ear and said: "Where did you hear about such things?"

 

The two of them continued engaging in vulgar conversation as they quickly arrived at Fang Cheng's house.

 

"Sister-in-law," Frank placed a bag of fruits he bought on the coffee table in the living room and greeted his sister-in-law.

 

"You're finally here, but why did you bring something?" Fang Cheng complained, and then gestured for Frank and Lin Xiao Xin to sit down quickly: "The food is already prepared, just waiting for you two."

 

"Hello, sister." Lin Xiao Xin greeted Frank's sister-in-law softly.

 

"Why call me sister? Just call me sister-in-law. In a few years, we'll be one family," Frank's sister-in-law said directly, causing Lin Xiao Xin's cheeks to turn red.

 

Frank and Lin Xiao Xin sat down, and by this time, the table was already filled with a sumptuous meal.

 

As they ate and chatted, Frank's sister-in-law inquired about Lin Xiao Xin's studies, while Frank and Fang Cheng engaged in light-hearted banter.

 

"You'll have a break soon, right? When do you plan to go back?" Fang Cheng asked Frank.

 

"We'll wait until Xiao Xin's mini-semester ends," Frank replied: "Then I'll return to the capital."

 

"Okay, when you go to the capital, make sure you don't get into trouble again."

 

"I have no connection with those people. What trouble could I possibly get into?" Frank changed the topic and asked Fang Cheng: "How have you been recently? Busy with work?"

 

"Busy," Fang Cheng sighed and said: "Remember the drug dealers we caught before?"

 

"What happened?"



Note: Thanks for reading.

Translate Books are not easy, I hope book lovers who haven't subscribed will want to subscribe.


Ps: (If you liked this novel and want to read more and more chapters, become patreon, and so you encourage me to do my best to work more, your satisfaction is my goal. In addition your support is my biggest motivation.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

G of L Chapter 1: When People Are Poor

D F T F Chapter 1: A future police.

G of L Chapter 2: 30,000 yuan