P S M Chapter 6: Tracking.


Three days later, on the Valley Island, a medium-sized island in the East China Sea, which had criss-cross streams, many mountains and ravines, few farmlands that can be cultivated, and a great lack of products. The residents on the island also lived relatively poorly and generally lived by fishing.


Lin Yu was walking on the road towards the only small town on Valley Island, and he was putting on a head-ache, he had arrived at this island with the caravan's passenger ship half a day ago, he originally thought that since the news of pirates fleeing nearby had already spread, the residents of the small town should more or less know the news, and it shouldn't be difficult to find out.


But who knows why, when Lin Yu had asked the old fishermen in the town for information about the pirates, nine out of ten people he met said they didn't know anything, and the remaining one said having some information, but just as he was going making further efforts to continue discussing with the old fisherman, this one suddenly changed his face and drove it out directly. So he became frustrated and very depressed, and the old man who couldn't stand this situation anymore told him the reason. 


It turned out that after the death of Gol D. Roger, the king of pirates, and the era of big pirates, the pirates began to flood, and the number of pirate hunters began to increase. At first, the residents had well welcomed the arrival of the pirate hunters, but when many pirate hunters had fallen into the hands of the cruel pirates, many residents began to be silent, in particular when they heard some news coming from several nearby islands. The pirates would come to the village which had revealed where the pirates were and would not leave until they had burned, killed, and looted, even if they did not know where the pirates were, but they had rarely revealed where they were, so as not to cause new problems.


Of course, the old man had finally shown Lin Yu a clear way which was to try his luck at the tavern in the town. The tavern was mixed with all kinds of people, and there might be news that he needed.


So it was for that reason, why he was walking towards the only tavern in town with a depressed look.


"Ahhhhh, I should have thought that I should go to the tavern first. Don't they always say the information in the tavern is the best? Why am I so stupid? What a shame!" Lin Yu thought.


When Lin Yu stopped at the entrance of the tavern after pushing the door in, the light dimmed immediately, as it was a little dark inside. There were not too many people in the tavern; there were only a dozen people who gathered in twos and threes to play cards and chat.


He ordered a special grilled fish at the bar, a fried pork chop and a glass of orange juice, and then sat down in a remote corner. After a while, the waiter in the shop had brought the food, and Lin Yu had slowly tasted the food while paying attention to the information revealed by the other people in the tavern who chatted quietly.


He had carefully chosen the information that was useful to him because most of them were messy information. Either a fisherman caught a big fish of a hundred pounds, or an old woman lost something in the town while going to the streets or a young man has become the guard of which chamber of commerce. And there will be so many future prospects in the future. It is all trivial things.


So, when he was going finished eating his food without finding any information he wanted, and when he was wondering whether to ask the bartender directly if anyone in the town was well-informed to sell some in-formation for money, at a table not far from him, some information came from the mouths of the four people playing cards caught his attention.


"I'm telling you, do you know what I saw when I passed nearby the cliff beach the night before?" a thin man said wretchedly.


"What else can you see? The ghost place on the cliff beach where birds don’t shit, there is usually no ghost shadow, and the herbs growing on the cliff are worth a little bit. Besides you guys who gather herbs, who else can go over there." A bearded man next to him replied impatiently.


"Hey, don't tell me, who I saw this time is nothing." The thin man proudly said.


"If you have something to say, say it quickly, let it go if you have a fart, and don't sell it to your brother here." Another old man said grumpily.


"Let me tell you that when I was passing over there, I saw seven or eight people making a fire and cooking on the cliff beach. Looking at their dressing, I guess they were a group of pirates." The thin man lowered his voice and said carefully.


"Hehe, just your courage, you've been so scared to pee when you see the pirates, and now you can sit here and play cards with us." The bearded man said with a face of disbelief.


"Hey, hey doesn't to believe it. Recently, someone said pirate sailboat had docked near our Valley Island, and I guess it was them." Seeing his companions didn't believe it, the thin man became anxious.


"Well, well, we can't believe it, hahaha, Wang Bang, I won, and as you lose, and you will pay for us." The old man screamed excitedly.


"Damn, why did you win again?" The bearded man reluctantly took out the money.


The thin man was unwilling to take the money out of his pocket and pushed all the change to the old man: "I have no more money and have no more money, I will give you later, I leave and I'll give it to you next time." Then he got up and went out towards the exit.


The old man took the money and counted it, and immediately shouted, "Old Barry, you guy, there is still 200 Baileys short, remember to make up the next time you play cards, poor ghost."


Old Barry, who walked to the door, said: "I know, I know, I'll make up to you next time. I remember so clearly after winning so many, so stingy." After speaking, he opened the door and walked out.


Seeing Old Barry walking out, Lin Yu stood up without any haste and walked out after checking out the bill at the bar. After looking around for a while, he found the thin man was still walking slowly on the street, so he followed him from a distance until the man reached a narrow alley and accelerated to follow him.


When he got closer, he could still hear the thin man muttering, "I knew it, I met that bad-hearted pirates, it's no good, I lost too much money, and I was unhappy. I will go home and washed quickly, after taking a shower, good-by to bad luck."


Hearing this, he couldn't help but smile, acceleratingly walked behind the thin man, dragged him into the shadow of one side of an eave, pressed him against the wall from behind, and put the scabbard directly on the side of its neck, deliberately asked in a hoarse voice: "Say, what did you see on the cliff beach, how many people are there?"


Old Barley had just recovered from the panic of being held against his neck by the scabbard. He almost frightened to urinate when he heard the hoarse voice. He tremblingly said, "Big, grandpa, please spare my life, and grandpa spares my life, I have an 80-year-old mother and an 8-year-old child to raise, please spare my life."


Lin Yu frowned, increased his strength a little, and said: "Answer my question well, don’t talk nonsense, otherwise... Hehe."


Feeling the sense of oppression coming from behind, Old Barry immediately said honestly: "Master, I came back to pick herbs the night before and passed nearby the cliff beach. Seeing the light of a campfire on the beach, I couldn't help but be curious to see who had been there at night and I found a group of people was camping near the cliff beach, and I could hear their voices from a distance. They said a batch of goods had been intercepted recently, and it was necessary to be cool for a while. I just heard this and was so scared that I did not dare to approach and immediately withdrew quietly. Fortunately, I was undiscovered. I still saw a boat parked under the cliff beach from a distance, but I didn’t take a closer look. I don't know how many people there were still, that is all I know, sir forgiveness, please spare my life."


"Get off," Lin Yu let go of his hand and flashed out from the side as soon as the man finished speaking.


The sound of "get off" sounded to Old Barley like a not natural sound, and he immediately shouted, "Okay, sir, I get off, I get off." After that, he ran out quickly without turning his head.


After returning home, Old Barry immediately locked the door, and only when he felt safer, he thought to himself: "It's my bad luck; I was scared until death... Bad luck comes out of my mouth. Next time, I will not talk much." His words were divided into two parts. 


What is Lin Yu going to do now?


Comments

Post a Comment

https://www.patreon.com/RASensei

Popular posts from this blog

G of L Chapter 1: When People Are Poor

D F T F Chapter 1: A future police.

G of L Chapter 2: 30,000 yuan