D F T F Chapter 143: Interrogate.

At the Qingdao Third Criminal Investigation Team Second Group Branch Office, in the interrogation room, sitting on top of the interrogation chair, Meng Jing Dong looked a little nervous, threw a glance at Han Bin, then at Li Hui, and finally looked at the camera on the table.

Han Bin also observed Meng Jing Dong as he wandered around the venue, and after opening the diary, he asked steadily, "Name, age, sex…”

"Meng...Meng Jing Dong, man, I'm 31 years old…”

Han Bin put the pen in his hand on the table and asked: "Why are you so nervous?”

"Mr. Police officer, I... This is my first time at the police station. I've never been to the police station, so I'm very nervous when I arrive," Meng Jing Dong's head lowered.

Li Hui banged on the table: "Raise your head.”

Han Bin wrote two nervous words in the diary. He was in charge of the interrogation, and Li Hui was in charge of taking notes and recording.

However, Han Bin occasionally wrote down a few words, not to record them, but so that they could see them in the future. When he remembers the content of the interrogation, he would be faster and more precise in his judgment.

"Meng Jing Dong, take a deep breath and don't be too nervous. You should already know the purpose of our call. Is that clear?" Han Bin asked.

"Mr. Police officer, I have been wronged, I have been wronged. I hope you can find out the case and prove my innocence," Meng Jing Dong looked very excited.

"Have you ever been near Golden Beach?" Han Bin asked.

"Mr. Police officer, you have seen the conditions of my house. I don't have the heart to go to the beach.”

Han Bin stood up, took two photos of the A4 paper folder in front of him, and walked over to Meng Jing Dong and put one of the photos in front of him on the interrogation table:

"This photo was taken near Jinshatan in the early morning of September 3. Your van is there. How can you explain it?”

Meng Jing Dong took the picture and watched it carefully, showing a surprised look: "How is it possible, I didn't drive that night, it's definitely not my car.”

Han Bin took another photo of the shirt and put it on the interrogation table: "This one has a clear license plate number, let's see if it's yours?”

Meng Jing Dong held the picture in both hands with a look of dismay on his face: "Lu B 3 Q 15 V, what's wrong. Isn't it the same license plate number as my van?”

"It's not up to you to ask us that, you should explain that," Han Bin said sternly.

"I don't know, my legs hurt and I never drive at night. There's definitely a misunderstanding here," Meng Jing Dong shouted.

"What misunderstanding?”

"I do not know.”

"Has anyone used your car?”

"No.”

"You said you didn't go out at night, who can prove it?”

"My father, my mother, and my daughter can prove it," Meng Jing Dong said.

"Article 70 of my country's civil procedure law states that testimony given by a beneficial witness to parties who have a relative or other close relationship with him is generally less probative than the testimony of others witnesses," Han Bin said.

"Mr. Police officer, what does that means?" Meng Jing Dong was a little puzzled.

"Simply put, it's not convincing for relatives to prove themselves, and it's better to find other witnesses to be convincing," Han Bin said.

"At night there are no strangers in our house. Who can prove it to me?”

"Look carefully, is the car in the photo yours?" Han Bin pointed to the photo. Meng Jing Dong took a closer look again, wondering if it was, "The picture of this... it is night and it is very dark the photo is not very clear and I cannot recognize it.”

"Have you ever worked in the communications industry?”

"How can I do this?" Meng Jing Dong showed a touch of bitterness: "Mr. Police officer, you suspect I am involved in a robbery, what proves it?”

"The communication base station's computer room was robbed, we checked the nearby videos, and your car appeared near three sites.”

"That's impossible, I haven't done it at all. Could someone trick me with a license plate game?" Meng Jing Dong guessed.

"Have you offended anyone?”

Meng Jing Dong lowered his head: "Just like me, it's good if others don't bully me. How dare I offend others.”

"What are you doing?”

"Many people in our village support the cardboard boards in the city. I bring them to town in the morning, then I help people work in town. At night, I bring back the people who support the boards in cardboard in the village.”

"Apart from you, how many other people have vans in Daxi Village?" Han Bin asked.

"There are quite a few people in the village who drive pickup trucks. I don't know how many, but I can only name a few households like Sun Bao Qing, Song Mai Qiao, Meng Cheng Yong, Tang Zhi Ming...and Zhang…”

Meng Jing Dong looked thoughtful: "I don't remember any other people at the moment.”

“Remember carefully, you can only prove your innocence if you find enough evidence,” Han Bin urged.

"Yes.”

......

At the Second Group Branch Office of the Qingdao Third Criminal Investigation Team, Zhang Ping was re-examining the file, and Tian Li, Zhao Ming, and Sun Xiao Peng were watching the surveillance video. Seeing Han Bin and Li Hui enter the office, Zhang Ping put the file in his hand: "The interrogation is over?”

"It's finished.”

Li Hui gently sat down on the chair, and Han Bin poured himself a cup of tea. Every time the interrogation ended, his mouth was dry and he had to drink a few sips of tea first.

"Is there anything new?”

"No.”

“Does Meng Jing Dong have an alibi?” Zhang Ping asked.

“Meng Jing Dong said he never went out at night, but only his parents and daughter can prove that,” Han Bin replied.

"This proof of his alibi should have no effect," Zhao Ming said.

"How did he explain his car appeared near the crime scene?" Zhao Ming insisted.

"According to his account, he never loaned the car out, and he suspects someone used dummy plates and set him up.”

"Does he have any suspects?”

"No."

"Based on the existing evidence, the suspicions around him are still very high," Tian Li said.

"Are there any new findings from surveillance?" Han Bin asked.

"On the night of September 4, the van was also found near the stolen base station, so the suspect vehicle was found near the four stolen base stations. I think this can no longer be explained by coincidence, and we can basically determine this vehicle is suspected and is the thieves' means of transportation," Tian Li said.

"It could also be a car with a mounted license plate," Li Hui said.

"Where is the evidence?" Tian Li spread his hands: "You can't subjectively rule out Meng Jing Dong's suspicion just because his family is poor.”

“Tian Li is right, Meng Jing Dong doesn't have enough alibis, and there is no way to prove otherwise. His car was duplicated, and he is still the prime suspect,” Zhang Ping agreed.

As a police officer, you must make objective judgments.

At this time, Sun Xiao Peng suddenly shouted: "Captain Zhang, I have new clues here.”

"What clues?”

"I zoomed in on a high-definition image earlier and found the suspect vehicle was somewhat different from Meng Jing Dong's pickup truck," Sun Xiao Peng said.

Everyone suddenly came together: "What's the difference?”

Sun Xiao Peng pointed to the screenshot of the video. It was a photo of the front of the car. The sun visor was down in the cabin, which just blocked the driver's face.

"There is a red apple ornament in front of the suspect vehicle, but Meng Jing Dong's car has none.”

Han Bin remembered for a moment and then said: "It's true, I checked Meng Jing Dong's car, and there are indeed no ornaments in front of his van.”

"Is it possible after the incident for fear of being caught by the police, and he took off the apple ornament?" Zhao Ming said.

“This type of car decoration is usually fixed with strong glue. Even if the decoration is removed, it is difficult to completely remove the glue, and there will still be some traces left.” Han Bin took a sip of tea and continued: "Besides, if Meng Jing Dong really has this idea, the license plate number will be concealed, and we may be unable to find it.”

"Han Bin's analysis is good, this car is most likely a fixed plate car," Zhang Ping agreed and bumped Sun Xiao Peng's shoulder:

"You did a good job, and I'll give you credit.”

Sun Xiao Peng smiled: "Captain Zhang, I won the prize.”

"Sister, if it's really a bridge car, doesn't that mean we've lost clues again?" Li Hui spread his hands.

Everyone was silent for a while, and after a long time, Han Bin said slowly:

"That's not necessarily true."

Ps: (If you liked this novel and want to read more and more chapters, become patreon, and so you encourage me to do my best to work more, your satisfaction is my goal. In addition your support is my biggest motivation.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

G of L Chapter 1: When People Are Poor

D F T F Chapter 1: A future police.

G of L Chapter 2: 30,000 yuan